Our Education & Training Center offers free job readiness classes that prepare individuals for employment success. The classes are tailored to assist participants with the basic knowledge and skill enhancement needed for seeking and maintaining employment.
Class topics include:
- Creating Resumes
- Explaining Gaps in Employment
- Interview Skills/Mock Interviews
- Basic Computer & Internet Skills
- Using Social Media in the Job Search
- Dealing With a Criminal Background
- Filling Out Applications
- Dressing for Success
- The Follow Up
- Keeping a Job
- Time Management
In the period between July 1 and October 25, 2019, Marion Goodwill Industries’ Job Readiness program has served 221 individuals with 189 individuals reported employed. 80% of the individuals served have been successful, completing the course and/or reporting employment.