United Way of North Central Ohio serving Crawford, Marion, and Wyandot counties held governing board elections at their March meeting, seating new board leadership for the 2021-2022 term beginning in April.
UWNCO’s governing board members are dedicated community volunteers who have committed their time and talents to the organization. They are responsible for setting the direction for United Way’s work while providing financial, legal, and ethical oversight. Board members are committed to promoting United Way of North Central Ohio and our efforts, and their service is invaluable to our mission of improving life for every person in every community in our region.
Gary Branson, director of the Marion Public Library, was elected board president, taking the place of Kurt Kimmel of Kimmel Cleaners who will continue to serve on the board as past president. Sara Craig of OhioHealth will assume the role of board vice president, and Aaron Rollins from POET Biorefining will serve as the board secretary. Susan Kent of Ohio Mutual Insurance Group continues in her current role as board treasurer.
The board said goodbye to Kelly Marsh of Whirlpool, who most recently served as past president and has completed two full terms on the UWNCO board. We are very grateful for the support Kelly has given us over the last six years and know that she will continue to advocate for United Way and for the community.
The 2021-2022 Governing Board of Directors for United Way of North Central Ohio is as follows:
- Gary Branson, Board President (Marion Public Library)
- Sara Craig, Board Vice President (OhioHealth)
- Aaron Rollins, Board Secretary (POET Biorefining)
- Susan Kent, Board Treasurer (Ohio Mutual Insurance Group)
- Kurt Kimmel, Board Past President (Kimmel Cleaners)
- Ron Iarussi (Marion City Schools)
- Logan Kirk (Dostal & Kirk)
- Ryan McCall (Marion Technical College)
- Kerr Murray (Marion County Commissioner)
- Jackie Peterson (Logos Christian Ministries)
- Mike Ring (Marion County Council on Aging)
- Nicolle Wampler (Marion Correctional Institution)